Programs For Children
Incy Wincy Babies – September
Welcome to Incy Wincy Babies online – where the Incinerator Gallery comes to you.
This month our Barking Spider Visual Theatre artist Laura invites you to join in this creative activity from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Use the hashtag #IncineratorGallery so everyone can share just as we do during the program at Incinerator Gallery.
Sensory play: Creating and decorating a cardboard cubby house
What you’ll need:
To create your cardboard cubby house you will need a big cardboard box.
To decorate your cardboard cubby house you could use many things! Some of the items used in the video were:
• Pens/ pencils/ textas/ crayons
• Homemade finger paint
• Masking tape
• Cardboard cut outs of shapes
• Some socks
Get creative and playful when coming up with other ideas and materials to use to decorate your own cubby.
As you and your baby play in and decorate your cardboard cubby house notice:
• What colours can you see?
• What shapes and patterns can you see?
• What do the materials you’re decorating with feel like?
• What does the inside of the cubby look like? What does the outside look like? Are they different?
• Can you turn your cubby into a sensory tunnel?
For more on homemade finger paint check out our August episode of Incy Wincy Babies.