Programs For Children
Gallery Sketchers – June
Welcome to Gallery Sketchers online – where the Incinerator Gallery comes to you.
Our artist educator Carly Richardson invites you to join along with these creative activities from the comfort of your own home. Please take a photo of your drawings and share them on Instagram, Facebook, or our Facebook Group Incinerator Gallery Sketchers.
Use the hashtag #IncineratorGallery so everyone can share and support each other, just as we do during the program at Incinerator Gallery.
Light and dark
What you need:
- pencils, HB, 2B, 4B, 6B
- drawing charcoal, compressed or willow
- eraser, preferably with sharp edges or corners
- paper, white cardtridge any size (exercise 1)
- Coloured paper, any colour, kraft paper (exercise 2)
- white cartridge paper (exercise 3)
- still life objects, select simple shapes for example scrunched paper, white crockery, citrus fruits, leaves, flowers, simple kitchen utensils
- a bright lamp to direct light
Research suggestions and other ideas
Contemporary artists you may also want to consider: