Programs for Children
Spring Photograph it, Sketch it
Online Creative Family Workshop: Spring Photograph it, Sketch it!
Multidisciplinary designer and educator Miranda Sims of The Zingy Studio invites your family to participate in a creative workshop to undertake at your own pace and in the comfort of your home.
Be inspired by the art from the Middle Ages through to Baroque paintings whereby light appears to radiate from objects, strong use of primary colours (red, yellow, and blue) and gold from material or light.
Learn how to apply techniques of modern still life photography and simple line drawing to capture the essence of form, a moment in time, and a sense of spring.
Explore still life images and patterns as a visual representation of shared connections, and the beauty of light and colour seen in everyday life to create your own artworks.
You will need
- household objects to draw
- camera (mobile phone, disposable camera, polaroid…)
- drawing paper or journal or do digital drawings on an iPad or tablet
- pen or felt tipped marker
- light (natural or artificial)
- shape or form
- texture and surface
- Select objects to observe in a still life scene in the home
- Study the use of primary colours and light in Baroque paintings
- Photograph and draw modern still life scenes inspired by Spring
- Locate a small collection of still life elements in your home
- Observe the light, shape, colour and texture of each object
- Take a photograph on your mobile phone or camera of the same scene at different times of the day
- Select one of your photographs
- On a piece of paper or in a sketchbook, you will create simple line drawings of each object in your scene
- What elements will you keep, what will you leave out?
- Consider how you might add one primary colour or all three colours (red, blue and yellow)
- Choose any medium you like to add your selected colours to your line drawing
Share your artworks with Incinerator Gallery on social media using the hashtag #IncineratorGallery