Fireworks 2021 exhibition application form
For VCE students who live, work or study in Moonee Valley.
Terms and conditions
If after reading this information you have further questions please contact the Incinerator Gallery on 9243 1750 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility to apply
- Students who live, work or study in Moonee Valley and currently in Years 11 and 12 are eligible to apply.
- Immediate family (siblings or children) of Moonee Valley City Council employees and Councillors are ineligible to apply.
- Fireworks is free to enter
- Applicants may submit up to two applications (mindful that one artwork may consist of several components)
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria
- Are creative, distinctive and have a strong concept.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge and skill.
- Are available for display for the full duration of the Fireworks exhibition and cannot be removed.
A panel comprising professionals from the art, design or education sectors will review and select final Art and Design Awards. The judges decision is final and appeals will not be considered.
Finalists must be available to attend the opening exhibition opening and awards presentation at 6pm Friday, 10 December 2021.
Finalists are responsible for the delivery and collection of their artworks at the following times:
- Delivered to the Gallery between 11am and 4pm on 22 to 28 November 2021 along with the completed Exhibition Participation Form.
- Collected from the Gallery between 11am and 4pm 1 to 6 February 2022.
- Contact the Gallery to make any arrangements outside of these times.
Any works not collected by 6 February will be disposed of at the discretion of the Gallery.
Please let us know if you also intend submitting your work for Seasons of Excellence.
- Work displayed in a public exhibition is subject to Australian copyright law. If your artwork contains non-original material you are required to acknowledge this in your application and seek appropriate clearance from copyright holders.
- All shortlisted applicants must provide supporting documentation for their work if it contains non-original material, including written approval from the copyright holder and the original letter seeking approval.
- For non-original music in films, additional clearance will be required from the publisher, the writer of the lyrics, and the writer of the music.
- If you cannot obtain clearance from the copyright holders, your work may not be able to be displayed.
- Please follow the Victorian Department of Education guidance for seeking permission to use copyright material. Use the letter template provided to obtain clearance for your work. Information about this is on the VCAA website.
- If you are applying for Fireworks and VCE Top Arts, Design or Screen then you will need to get copyright permission for both exhibitions. The easiest way to do this is by mentioning both exhibitions in one letter to the copyright holder.
For more information about copyright please speak with your teacher.
Exhibition Participation Form and Parent/Guardian permission
- Finalists will be asked to complete a consent form and may be invited to speak with the media about their artwork.
- If applicants are under the age of 18 (on 1 December 2021) they must seek permission from their parent or guardian.
Images submitted will be used for selection, exhibition planning and promotional purposes and uploaded to the Gallery website.
- Photographs must be clear and depict the artwork well against a plain background.
- Provide up to 2 high resolution JPEG images - at least 300 pixels per inch (ppi).
- At least one of these images must show the artwork in its entirety, so we have a complete understanding of what your work looks like for our planning.
- The second image may be a closeup detail.
Applications for Fireworks have now closed. Applicants will be notified shortly.