Cooper Street Mural
We’re seeking an experienced artist to take charge of an exciting new mural project at Cooper Street Community Centre in Essendon. The artist will work collaboratively with local community to co-design the mural and identify key themes and motifs to incorporate into the artwork. The artist will refine the final design, which will then be painted onto the exterior wall of the Centre in April-May 2024.
The final design is required to reflect:
- Artistic merit and thoughtful consideration of the artwork’s installation and longevity in public space.
- Collaboration and co-design, reflective of the community’s identified key themes and motifs.
- The site’s context as a community centre with a variety of community users of all ages.
To quote on the project, you will need to provide:
- A preliminary artist statement, description, or idea for the mural and the co-design workshop (minimum 200 words) or up to 2 x A4 pages. This can include images and/or web links.
- Artist CV (PDF or link) including artist website and/or artist social media pages if available.
- Images or photos of relevant past projects.
- Complete the RFQ and send this along with your supporting material via email to:
Subject line: Cooper Street Mural – <your name>
Attn: MJ Flamiano firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm on Monday, 29th January.
To stay up to date with further information regarding future call for proposals, and other opportunities, please subscribe to our e-newsletter in the footer below.
Contact MJ Flamiano, Community Arts Officer, (03) 9243 8796 (Tuesday - Friday)