Poster exhibition for Moonee Valley students from Prep to Year 10
Posters received from 1 to 30 October 2022
Inspired by personal actions people have taken for the greater good of our community Incinerator Gallery invites Moonee Valley school students to enter their art or design posters into the Bright Sparks 2022 poster exhibition. Posters will be displayed at Incinerator Gallery during summer.
This years theme is show me a hero. Students may submit works that express their appreciation for a hero (real or imagined) who has inspired and motivated them.
Posters may be created from any medium, for example; paint, felt tipped pens, ink, photograph, digital print to name a few. Collaged artworks must be able to withstand handling and storage without elements falling off. Pastel or charcoal works must have been sprayed with fixative so not to smudge.
Posters will be displayed in Boadle Hall at Incinerator Gallery from Friday, 9 December 2022 to Sunday, 22 January 2023.
Selected posters may be displayed digitally throughout Moonee Valley City Council venues during 2022-23.
How to enter
Posters may be posted or hand-delivered to Incinerator Gallery, 180 Holmes Road Aberfeldie 3040 during regular Gallery open hours during October (Tuesday to Sunday, 11am to 4pm).
Posters must have a completed entry form secured to the back.
Teachers may enter their class' posters as a batch of entries.
Families may enter their children's posters individually.
Terms and conditions of entry
- Posters must be flat 2-dimensional works
- Posters can be no larger than A3 (29.7 x 42 cm) in size
- Posters must have a completed entry form secured to the back
- Posters sent digitally must also include an attached completed entry form
- Students must attend school or live within the City of Moonee Valley
- Entry is open to students from Prep to Year 10 only
- 1 entry per student
- Posters may be posted or hand-delivered to Incinerator Gallery, 180 Holmes Road Aberfeldie 3040 during regular Gallery open hours in October
- Posters will be available for collection from the Gallery from Saturday, 4 February to Friday, 17 March 2023 during regular Gallery open hours
- Posters not collected within this period will be disposed of at the discretion of the Gallery
- Incinerator Gallery will do their best to ensure as many posters as possible are displayed but cannot guarantee all entries will be displayed
- Posters may be digitised and displayed on screens across Council venues, published on MVCC websites and social media channels in order to promote the Bright Sparks exhibition and Incinerator Gallery.
Two posters will be selected to win an award.
These posters will be selected according to their;
- aesthetic appeal and application of materials
- creative approach to highlighting a social justice issue relating to the theme show me a hero
See the Bright Sparks Poster Inspo page
If you have any further questions, contact the Incinerator Gallery on 9243 1750 or email email@example.com
Years 11 and 12 students are encouraged to enter their art and design works into Fireworks 2022. Call for Entries will open 1 October 2021 with the exhibition opening 10 December 2021.