Programs for Children
Incy Wincy Babies – October
Welcome to Incy Wincy Babies Online – where the Incinerator Gallery comes to you.
Our Barking Spider Visual Theatre artist Laura invites you to join in this creative activity from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Use the hashtag #IncineratorGallery so everyone can share just as we do during the program at Incinerator Gallery.
Make homemade instruments for a baby band!
The sound play objects created in this video are examples of what you could create using household objects and recycled materials.
Laura encourages you to be creative and playful when creating instruments with materials in your own home. If you don’t have the exact materials be flexible and adapt.
Enjoy exploring sound with your little one and creating your own baby band!
To make your rice and lentil shakers you will need:
- rice or lentils or legumes or dried beans
- toilet rolls or paper towel roll cut in two
- sticky tape
To make your tub guitar you will need:
- container or shoe box or tissue box
- elastic bands of varying thicknesses
To make your bottle cap bells you will need:
- recycled bottle caps (hammer a nail in each top to make the hole)
- v-shaped stick
To make your key wind chime you will need:
- keys or small metal objects
- string or wool
To make your drum kit you will need:
- pots and pans
- containers of different materials and sizes
- utensils made of different materials to use as drumsticks