Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Programs for Children
Gallery Sketchers – August 2021
Drawing with natural colours - video activity
Where the Incinerator Gallery comes to you
Our artist educator Carly Richardson invites you to join along with these creative activities from the comfort of your own home. Please take a photo of your drawings and share them on Instagram, Facebook, or our Facebook Group Incinerator Gallery Sketchers.
Use the hashtag #IncineratorGallery so everyone can share and support each other, just as we do during the program at Incinerator Gallery.
Drawing with natural colours
Join us for our August Gallery Sketchers to explore making natural dyes to paint with, from materials in your home and garden.
Practice simple watercolour techniques such as wet on dry, wet on wet and glazing using natural inks that may be new to many Gallery Sketchers attendees.
- Materials: pencil, brush, water and vessel, set of natural colours (sourced from your environment)
- Examples of materials for making your own natural colours: turmeric, paprika, black tea, coffee, matcha powder, onion skins, beetroot, soil, chalk, wattle, flowers (not dried – use as fresh as possible), avocado pits and skins
- Surface: preferably watercolour or mixed media paper
- Watercolour warm up exercises (5-15 mins)
- Simple still life subjects (2-3 subjects) (5-15 mins)
- Slightly more extended still life (15-20 mins)
- Extended illustration: landscape (20-60 mins)