Programs For Children
Art & Dementia – Outreach
Tuesdays, 10.30am, 12 Nov / 10 Dec
This outreach program is offered at Crown Street Stables, Flemington.
The Incinerator Art and Dementia program provides people living with early and mid-onset dementia in Moonee Valley an opportunity – alongside their carer – to connect with the world in enriching and life-enhancing ways.
A gallery educator will lead a conversation based on a “tour” of art works combined with a simple art making activity.
This FREE program aims to:
- Improve well-being and quality of life through engagement with the visual arts for people with dementia and their carers
- Intellectual stimulation in a socially inclusive environment
- Reconnect people living with dementia to their sense of identity
- Build community art and health partnerships to improve the care for people living with dementia
- Raise awareness of and reduce the social stigma associated with dementia
Light refreshments on arrival will welcome and provide participants an opportunity to orient themselves in the space, socialize and make themselves comfortable.
Program runs on Tuesdays, 10.30am to 12noon.
- 12 November
- 10 November
Please note: This program is limited to a small group of six people with dementia and their carers. Tickets are limited to two per booking.
This is a pilot program run at Crown Street Stables and facilitated by the Incinerator Gallery staff and volunteers in collaboration with Moonee Valley Community Strengthening. It was created in collaboration with the National Gallery Australia Art & Dementia program.
Crown Street Stables is a fully accessible building.
For more information contact the Gallery.